Random Alarm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

High Side

Reaction score
Hello,

I have a 2017 Expedition. My vehicle has the Ford PATS, so nothing special there. The issue I am having is, the alarm is random. How it is suppose to work, car is locked, I unlock the doors with the FOB, the horn will sound, and the car is unlocked. I get it and drive away. What is happening now is, I will unlock the doors, and no horn sound. I put the key in the ignition, turn the engine over, and the horn will sound. Sometime, if I turn the key to the On position, the alarm will continue to sound until I turn over the engine.

On the flip side, when I exit the vehicle and lock the door, the horn sounds, telling me the car is locked. Now, when I exit the vehicle and lock the doors, the horn will not sound.

This happens with both of my key FOBS.

I have replaced the batteries in both key fobs and made sure the batter in my vehicle is fully charged. The vehicle battery is only 2 years old. Any advise and assistance is greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
H

High Side

Reaction score
Another issue has risen, which I am guessing is because of the PATS. When driving down the road, every so often the horn will sound. Just a honk, nothing more. I have been chasing the wires right now to check to see if there is a short somewhere or a bad connection, but I cannot seem to locate anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.