Random beeps from front sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cekkk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
DW's 2013 KR has both front and rear sensors that let her know when shess nearing an object. Lately the front ones sound when a car pulls along side at a traffic light. Or other random times. I've wiped them off. Any ideas that don't include a dealership?

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
DW's 2013 KR has both front and rear sensors that let her know when shess nearing an object. Lately the front ones sound when a car pulls along side at a traffic light. Or other random times. I've wiped them off. Any ideas that don't include a dealership?

I have a 2015 Ford Expediton Limited 4x4 - purchased new and never wrecked or damaged.

The vehicle has done this intermittently since it was new - during good weather with no rain or snow. I took it to the service department of the Ford dealership where I bought it. They were unable to repair it, stating there were “no codes” stored in the system.

I too have cleaned the sensors (although they look perfect). When the front sensors begin randomly causing the beeping noise, I turn-off the system.

I’ve learned that some Ford technicians do not know how to trouble-shoot a problem. They only know how to read stored codes and replace parts.

Good luck - I wish I had an answer for you.

OP
OP
cekkk

cekkk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess I'll turn sensors off. DW likes everything to work in her vehicles but I'll keep looking for the problem . Thanks for the response though .

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I guess I'll turn sensors off. DW likes everything to work in her vehicles but I'll keep looking for the problem . Thanks for the response though .

Since new - I have also randomly had “no key detected” and “trailer wiring fault” messages appear. I have never towed with the vehicle or even opened the wiring covers for the trailer wiring hookups. I have the push button start system.

I took pictures of the messages and took it to the dealer for diagnoses and repair. I received the same message - no codes stored.

I suspect the phantom front warning beeping is related to the other messages above - but the dealer was not helpful in diagnosis.

Do you receive the trailer wiring fault messages also? I assume you have a regular key ignition?

OP
OP
cekkk

cekkk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Pulling the negative cable from the battery cured the information panel problem before I pulled codes. But now I'm going to get a code reader from a friend of mine and see if I get any codes that might help with the front sensor problem. And yes I have a regular key on the 2013