Raptor Steering Wheel Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
depending on costs; I'd do it just for the paddle shifters. I think they're the best thing since sliced bread. I don't even have to be racing to like them. duh.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So far it was absolutely worth it, I'm having issues getting it perfectly centered but the wheel feels better. Grip is better. I wish it didn't have the red stripe, but oh well.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hey all, have a question for the group. Take a look at the picture below. You may notice the wheel is slightly rotated to the right, but this is when the vehicle is tracking straight on the road. I've tried half a dozen times to take it apart, rotate the wheel partially the left before locking down the bolt holding the wheel in place. There are two guide posts on the steering column that really prevent the wheel from going on crooked, but no matter what I do it's just a few degrees off. Does anyone know of a trick to get this straight again? Or is it a ridiculous matter of getting an alignment?

I know, it's just a few degrees, but it drives me nuts that its not perfectly centered while tracking perfectly straight. Would love some ideas.

Oh, and how annoying, I was next to a Honda Pilot today, newer but not current model, and it had paddle shifters. Those things are half the price of the Expy, what a sham.

PXL_20210120_235052819.MP~1.jpg

Last edited:

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@LokiWolf and @DWs-TTEB - you two seem to be very familiar with these vehicles, do you have any advice on getting the steering wheel perfectly centered again after putting the raptor wheel on? Or would this really need the extreme of an alignment? I've tried probably 6 or 7 times, holding the wheel slightly to the right while torque-ing it down. Doesn't seem to make a difference.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@LokiWolf and @DWs-TTEB - you two seem to be very familiar with these vehicles, do you have any advice on getting the steering wheel perfectly centered again after putting the raptor wheel on? Or would this really need the extreme of an alignment? I've tried probably 6 or 7 times, holding the wheel slightly to the right while torque-ing it down. Doesn't seem to make a difference.
Before a professional alignment I’d try the DIY alignment by turning the tie rods and seeing if that does it. YT is full of these.
if that does do it, still recommend the professional alignment (get all 4 wheels done since your there).

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Correct but only the center sleeve, I left the bolt the full length, as it's pretty hard to compress the brand new bushing enough to get the nuts on. I think I'm going to flip mine as well, right now I have the nut side on top, but I think it will be better to have the nut and excess facing down towards the ground. I only worry because of the hoses up top, I'd rather not have the threaded bolt side anywhere near those. Hope that makes sense.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
PERFECT! Let me know how those rears work out, I might get a set of those as well. Not sure I need them, even the Hellwig rear bar is pretty small.