Raptor Steering Wheel Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Is it thicker than the platinum wheel? Not sure why people don’t like the red stripe. It came out of a performance truck. Real racing vehicles use it to make sure their tires are straight for a pit stop with tire change and to align the wheel when they take it off and put it back on. It’s not to add interior accents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally do not like the red stripe either... I am looking at ways to remove it or recolor. So far the options are less than appealing.

The steering wheel is the same thickness as the platinum. Like I said in a previous post, the perforated leather edges and the paddle shifters are worth it to me.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
84b639797f885d3ba7ea843a210429b5.jpg
And enjoy your race inspired steering wheel. [emoji6]

Not sure how the G2 is attached but if it’s like the First Gen then it looks simple enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@rcompart or others, question for you. I asked this in another thread but my understanding is that this doesn't work if you have "adaptive steering". I have a platinum with lane keeping assist and adaptive cruise, does that inherently mean I have "adaptive steering" and just like the F150 with that feature, this swap won't work?

Thanks and nice write up.

Last edited:

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have my eye on a $1500 steering wheel...customer made only 1 other made

LokiWolf

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
@rcompart or others, question for you. I asked this in another thread but my understanding is that this doesn't work if you have "adaptive steering". I have a platinum with lane keeping assist and adaptive cruise, does that inherently mean I have "adaptive steering" and just like the F150 with that feature, this swap won't work?

We do not have Adaptive Steering atleast the way Ford Defines it. Adaptive Steering, is variable ratio and done in the Steering wheel itself. A motor moves a gear to change how many turns is lock to lock. I had it in my 16 Edge. the 4th Gen Expedition does not have it.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We do not have Adaptive Steering atleast the way Ford Defines it. Adaptive Steering, is variable ratio and done in the Steering wheel itself. A motor moves a gear to change how many turns is lock to lock. I had it in my 16 Edge. the 4th Gen Expedition does not have it.
Thank you Loki, appreciate the input, was concerned about this after reading a lot through the F150 forums.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Mine has been on my 2018 platinum for about a year with no issues

16080663881843638041557960067393.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01