Rattling, diesel noise when in motion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The Wiped Cam

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@ Franklin Jones
Thanks for sharing the good news, sir! Other members were spot on with the diagnosis . I overlooked the possibility of IWE install error :oops:

Since the truck was already at the mechanic's, did you have him listen to whatever that noise at startup was?

I think the guy owes you new units for not testing out the install. This is not a debatable point at all.

BTW: 4x4 on dry pavement is supposed to drive weirdly due to binding arising from lack of traction loss between the 4 wheels.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Franklin Jones

Franklin Jones

Reaction score
@ Franklin Jones
Thanks for sharing the good news, sir! Other members were spot on with the diagnosis . I overlooked the possibility of IWE install error :oops:

Since the truck was already at the mechanic's, did you have him listen to whatever that noise at startup was?

I think the guy owes you new units for not testing out the install. This is not a debatable point at all.

BTW: 4x4 on dry pavement is supposed to drive weirdly due to binding arising from lack of traction loss between the 4 wheels.
I pointed out the noise, but they missed it at start up and it takes long enough to bleed down that it didn’t come back while they had it. It’s so minor that I’m not particularly worried about it right now. (Plus they changed the oil for me last time and used 5w20 per spec, so I’ll see if it’s still noticeable after I switch back to 5w30)

As for new IWEs, I haven’t confirmed they’re bad, and they make no noise when disengaged, and it’s been a few months between when they had it and I noticed this noise, and finally and most importantly *he’s a good guy and runs an honest shop.*

If I was confident the shop and a bad install was the cause, I’d push the issue, and he’d replace them without me making a scene. But I’m not, so I won’t.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
r98exp1