Reacquired vehicle owned 5 months

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That experianced sounds crappy but it sounds like they did the right thing and took responsibility. Good to know that Ford will do this without fighting you.

shane_th_ee

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Other than taking forever, they did great replacing the Michelin tires with actual All-Terrain tires...

dlcorbett

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Are they getting you an equivalent car or the same car?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
Sounds like they threw parts at it. Mike Wolfe, what's your take on this? Perhaps Ford permits dealers to replace new cars with problems of this magnitude and nature. Sounds like you had a leaky injector.

Last edited:

Mike Wolfe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
In my experience the probability of what is described by the dealer is very rare to the point of being non existent
You may have had on injector fail here but these injectors are made by Bosch, go through strenuous testing before Ford gets them etc
I expect there was some metal particles left in the fuel rail due to inadequate cleaning could potentially be the problem
However they had to be extremely small to get through the filter at the top of the injector
The knock referred to may have been caused by a minor hydrostatic lock on one cylinder which could have caused imperceptible bending of the connecting rod on that cylinder
Again this is all speculation

OP
OP
Regan DeMello

Regan DeMello

Reaction score
Are they getting you an equivalent car or the same car?
Equivalent replacement, it was my choosing. Got the exact minus headrest DVD's which i didn't like the stock ones so I am going aftermarket, and added special edition package, drivers assistance package and cargo package

OP
OP
Regan DeMello

Regan DeMello

Reaction score
In my experience the probability of what is described by the dealer is very rare to the point of being non existent
You may have had on injector fail here but these injectors are made by Bosch, go through strenuous testing before Ford gets them etc
I expect there was some metal particles left in the fuel rail due to inadequate cleaning could potentially be the problem
However they had to be extremely small to get through the filter at the top of the injector
The knock referred to may have been caused by a minor hydrostatic lock on one cylinder which could have caused imperceptible bending of the connecting rod on that cylinder
Again this is all speculation
I was told that the engine was flooded with fuel, what was flooded i do not know, so what trainmaster said is probably true, they threw parts at it in the hopes it was just an anomaly. It was driven about 10 miles to the dealership blowing white smoke and running very crappy, so that might have resulted in a bent rod, which makes sense because i had a noticeable engine tick after the repair.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junker