Ready Lift 3-2 kit installed with CCD suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The CCD ride control system is extremely sophisticated and ALL it's inputs come from these 4 sensors. I can give the names and numbers of numerous shops that I have conversed with and they have advocated as much. Raptor shops in Texas are seeing customers come in after installing lifts where the ride comfort has gone bad because the sensors are nearly straight down. With those lifts, they could actually go over dead center and go up t he other way.
If the sensor arms are not at approximately 90 degrees to the link, roughly parallel to the ground, as they are from the factory, your ride will change significantly. Running these sensor arms at the 2 or 5 o'clock positions will result in much quicker and erratic inputs into the system. Essentially the system thinks you just turned onto washboard gravel road.
My links give you the ability to put the sensor arm back to it's factory operating position ultimately making the system think nothing has changed.
As far as knowing the lengths? If I knew that, I wouldn't need to make them adjustable saving all of us some time and $. However, every lift and every truck has proven to be not only different, but different enough to warrant them being adjustable.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The CCD ride control system is extremely sophisticated and ALL it's inputs come from these 4 sensors. I can give the names and numbers of numerous shops that I have conversed with and they have advocated as much. Raptor shops in Texas are seeing customers come in after installing lifts where the ride comfort has gone bad because the sensors are nearly straight down. With those lifts, they could actually go over dead center and go up t he other way.
If the sensor arms are not at approximately 90 degrees to the link, roughly parallel to the ground, as they are from the factory, your ride will change significantly. Running these sensor arms at the 2 or 5 o'clock positions will result in much quicker and erratic inputs into the system. Essentially the system thinks you just turned onto washboard gravel road.
My links give you the ability to put the sensor arm back to it's factory operating position ultimately making the system think nothing has changed.
As far as knowing the lengths? If I knew that, I wouldn't need to make them adjustable saving all of us some time and $. However, every lift and every truck has proven to be not only different, but different enough to warrant them being adjustable.

With your vast research and contact with numerous shops I would think you would have the length figured out. I can see that with the sensors being off 180 or topped/bottomed out. But the .5” you lengthen and shorten them. No difference at all and if you know what the dealer/Forscan has to scan to see the position please post it up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdeddy

Reaction score
I have adjusted it a couple times with the lever being 90 degrees from the position of the CCD body, which is not exactly perpendicular to the ground from my observation. There is definitely a noticeable difference on how the car behaves; it runs definitely much better with Miekk's suggestion, but also think you are correct Fozzy that there is wiggle room or a "Grace" range of allowable and useable angles. My uneducated guess is Ford must have provided a certain range of allowable angles per design to account for uneven weight distribution, roads, etc. without being too specific to varying road conditions.

I will say that Miekk's adjustable links are great; they are easy to access, easy to take off, and easy to adjust; with the ReadyLift I can access all links very easily and have them adjusted in minutes. Thank you both for your great input! I have learned quite a bit in the last week just reading your expertise and input about this great platform!

I decided to put a lift on the car to allow me and my family to explore more trails and camping spots in and around SoCal; there is quite a bit I did not know existed until I started doing more research! I haven't seen a lot of off-roading Expeditions around here e.g. many many jeeps and toyotas, but I plan on getting out there with this beast, carefully and judiciously of course :p

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With your vast research and contact with numerous shops I would think you would have the length figured out. I can see that with the sensors being off 180 or topped/bottomed out. But the .5” you lengthen and shorten them. No difference at all and if you know what the dealer/Forscan has to scan to see the position please post it up.

"With your vast research..... I would think you..." Yeah, I speak fluent sarcasm also...
I started building these for rear air strut guys to be able to put lifts on. I was contacted by custom off-road shops in Texas, Utah, California asking me to send them some links so they could add lifts. The plan was to document and set them to right lengths. I gave away a few sets just to get me a known standard dimension so these could be fixed length and cheaper. After a few, they learned that the lifts, even within the same brands, still vary too much to be set to a fixed length. A couple guys actually set them to the right feedback number using Forescan and they weren't the same twice, once from side to side on the same Expy.
So to be clear, I didn't do the research, professionals did. I'm just the engineer that made it happen. You're arguing with them, not me. Want some phone numbers? :yawn:

Miekk

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have adjusted it a couple times with the lever being 90 degrees from the position of the CCD body, which is not exactly perpendicular to the ground from my observation. There is definitely a noticeable difference on how the car behaves; it runs definitely much better with Miekk's suggestion, but also think you are correct Fozzy that there is wiggle room or a "Grace" range of allowable and useable angles. My uneducated guess is Ford must have provided a certain range of allowable angles per design to account for uneven weight distribution, roads, etc. without being too specific to varying road conditions.

I will say that Miekk's adjustable links are great; they are easy to access, easy to take off, and easy to adjust; with the ReadyLift I can access all links very easily and have them adjusted in minutes. Thank you both for your great input! I have learned quite a bit in the last week just reading your expertise and input about this great platform!

I decided to put a lift on the car to allow me and my family to explore more trails and camping spots in and around SoCal; there is quite a bit I did not know existed until I started doing more research! I haven't seen a lot of off-roading Expeditions around here e.g. many many jeeps and toyotas, but I plan on getting out there with this beast, carefully and judiciously of course :p

There are shops that know what the ranges for each ride setting is supposed to read. You might try having them take the readings and readjust them accordingly.

Fozzy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, I live in Utah I can go talk to them face to face. Have them adjust mine to the proper reading. Have they told you if it’s a shock position indicator or an accelerometer? Both? Post where to look in FORscan or the dealership software. This info will only help you sell more.

KJ-Idaho

Reaction score
I found only one dealer in my area who has done the ready lift kit on a platinum. $1100. Saw the pics and all these posts. Buuuuut. I changed to 17” rims to make my platinum handle dirt/gravel better.

don’t get me wrong, I would like the bolder stance with the lift kit. But, I don’t really want the firmer ride.

(PS. I also have the 5Star/NGauge perf tunes. Yay!)

Robert McMillan

17plati
Reaction score
I found only one dealer in my area who has done the ready lift kit on a platinum. $1100. Saw the pics and all these posts. Buuuuut. I changed to 17” rims to make my platinum handle dirt/gravel better.

don’t get me wrong, I would like the bolder stance with the lift kit. But, I don’t really want the firmer ride.

(PS. I also have the 5Star/NGauge perf tunes. Yay!)

PS we know bc you post about your tunes in every thread you comment on. Nobody cares