Real oil change intervals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just thought I’d post this video as the manufactures are telling us 10k oil changes are ok. Honda did the oil changes as suggested by them at their intervals on a ridgeline and look at the inside of the engine.... sludge central.... change your oil more often than what they say!!! These long oil change intervals are NOT good for your vehicle.

limitedex

Full Access Members
Reaction score
We do once a year on the Expedition running Amsoil full synthetic with Amsoil oil filter. So it’s about 9,000-12,000 miles.

I do the same for the Shelby. Granted, that’s about 800 miles.

07xln

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My Expedition and MDX get the oil changed around 5k. So far that’s about the mileage range I get when the oil monitor is around 10%. Both get quality synthetics so I think that mileage is fine

My CTSV gets it every 3k miles no matter what. It’s a high boost, heads, cam car and I’m running ethanol in it so fuel dilution in the oil is a big thing. That car only gets Royal Purple HPS and RP filters.

jeff kushner

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, the Toyota Sienna van had the same sludging issues....prob for the same reasons but with those, it wasn't high mileage intervals.....so I'm not really sure these are either? Could the sludging be caused by other than long intervals? That might be the first question......

If I remember correctly, the vans issue was that the drain holes in the head were too small, too few causing the frothing which is death to oil.....

jeff

wray77

Reaction score
Buy the supplies at 4,000 miles.

change it when I have time. I only drive the ford on the weekends

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know it might be overkill but I run Mobil 1, change out about every 6-7k. I buy the 6 packs of 5-w30 from Napa at. $5.99 each. Filters I have 5 of got great deal on those. I'm so used to old days when 3k was the norm, this is easy.

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

Plati

Reaction score
My 2014 EL tells me when to change ... at around 6K miles usually. I do mostly highway miles with that vehicle. I've noticed on this Forum that most people use synthetic. I have never used synthetic but think I'll switch over to that from now on.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
expresspedition