Rear ABS Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

warddaman

Reaction score
My ABS light came on and Advanced Auto informed me that the code was for the rear ABS sensor. Has anyone ever replaced this? It looks fairly straight forward. Any pointers or instructions?

DF5.4

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If it's anything like the one on my 99 F-150 its 1 plug and 1 bolt on top of the differential. I think it took longer to get the tools out and clean up than it did to actually change it.

Thermo

technical advisor
Reaction score
ward, a little hint, drop the spare tire out of the way first. This will give you some room to move around. From there, like was mentioned. Find the top of the differential, you will see the wiring coming down from the body, undo the plug, remove the bolt, lift straight up. Install is the reverse.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah I think mine died again... my ABS light came back on every now and again... and my front wheel bearings were replaced so hoping its just the sensor...

OP
OP
W

warddaman

Reaction score
So I removed the bolt and tried to pry the sensor off and ended braking the sensor. The cap around the magnet is stuck/rusted to the diffrential. Does anyone know what the cost will be to fix that?

OP
OP
W

warddaman

Reaction score
Alright I found a guy who is coming out to my house tonight to remove the diffrential plate and knock out the ABS piece. Labor is going to cost $50 -$100. Do you think thats a good price?