Rear Cargo Mat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheNoid

Reaction score

Mark Buckner

Reaction score
My bad, Fozzy. I misread this.

I’m not aware of a mat that goes all the way to the front seats when the second row is folded. I guess a tarp is about all you could do, short of a custom canvas cover from a tent/awning company. If I was doing that I’d probably co tact a company that makes custom boat covers and see if they could sew something from a waterproof fabric.

lbv150

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My bad, Fozzy. I misread this.

I’m not aware of a mat that goes all the way to the front seats when the second row is folded. I guess a tarp is about all you could do, short of a custom canvas cover from a tent/awning company. If I was doing that I’d probably co tact a company that makes custom boat covers and see if they could sew something from a waterproof fabric.

I misread it as well.....

Red Raider

Reaction score
I've never heard of anybody that makes mats that go from front seats to the back hatch. Assuming you have the 2nd row bench seat …...I bought 2 cargo mats. One is a Weather Tech and the other a Maxliner(which is now sold under a different name). There's a reason to buy one of each besides cost. If you want functional with no regard to appearance.....purchase a nice piece of plywood and cut it so it covers the gap between the third and second row and run it up to the back of the front row. You can cover the plywood with carpet or just paint it. Without the plywood you'll have to contend with the gap.
If you want to go cheap and REALLY don't care how it looks buy a 4' x 6' door mat at Costco instead of the 2nd cargo mat.
A friend and I go on week long camping and hunting road trips. With all the room we can take gear we don't even need.

I used the plywood option in my wifes Lexus 460....she didn't care much for the set up.

Last edited:

John I

Reaction score
Anyone know if Canvasback sells just the second row protection? I have a WeatherTech cargo mat covering the area behind the second row and thinking it might be nice to install Canvasback for the rare occasion I have the second row bench seat down.

Red Raider

Reaction score
I only use the plywood a few times a year but keep both cargo mats, one under the other, behind the second row. I leave the third row down most of the time. If I ever need to drop the second row, a mat to cover it is already in the truck.

Last edited:

John I

Reaction score
Anyone know if Canvasback sells just the second row protection? I have a WeatherTech cargo mat covering the area behind the second row and thinking it might be nice to install Canvasback for the rare occasion I have the second row bench seat down.

Answered my own question by reaching out to Canvasback and was quoted $85 to purchase the second row seat backs separately. Order must be placed by telephone.

AKentPhoto

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I was going to say,
They are a small company and each one is made to order so shouldn't be a problem.