Rear Coil Swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, just joined and I'm looking for an answer. Not sure of this has been addressed before or not, my phone won't allow me to search the site. I'm wondering if there are any coil springs from other ford vehicles I can swap to the rear of my Expy to gain a few inches. I've done the front TT for 2 inches and I'm a little unsure about spring spacers. Wanting to keep it just springs. Maybe some off a 4x4 Excursion? Not sure. Any help is welcome and I'm open to all opinions. Thanks everyone.

fiveohpoepoe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why are you unsure about spring spacers? I have run 3 sets with no problems

OP
OP
Reaction score
I have just been having a little issue finding the right size spring spacers. I would like a set of 3in and all I have been able to find is 2in. Poly type spacers that is, not metal. I like a firmer ride that the metal ones would most likely provide, but I have to think about the kiddos. And to be completely honest I'm new to lifting anything with rear coils.

walnuts4x4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheapest and easiest way would be spacers..... i have them on top of of my other 2 lifts with no problems at all.... I have 2" poly spacers.... but a few members have metal ones with no problems either.... ebay is probably your best source for 3" spacers.... i'm sure someone will post a link to them

OP
OP
Reaction score
I really appreciate the help. I just got my truck paid off. I will have to get a picture up soon. But now that it's paid for I'm going to start putting money into it little by little ad make it advertisement. Mostly for custom audio work.

OP
OP
Reaction score
So after some research on eBay, I'm wondering. Will the 3in spacers for the front of a 2wd expy work on the rear of a 4wd?