rear dragging

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I've got a 98 EB Exp (no 4x4) with air suspension. Occasionally when I go out to drive it the rear end will be all the way down to the ground. Once I start it the compressor kicks on and airs it back up and eveything is fine. I can go for a day or two, even a week and it won't happen again. Any suggestions. I'm tempted to rip out the air suspension and go conventional but I'm afraid the ride will suffer. How easy is it to switch out...what would I expect to pay if I took it to a shop?

OP
OP

Reaction score
Where is that located and how do I go about replacing it?

Doug1762

Reaction score
I had the Same issue when I got my truck ...One thing to check is the compressor Dyer .. Mine was leaking and it caused the rear to drop. Also there is a line joint by the Break Boaster under the Hood if it is cracked it can leak too..

Grasshopper

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I'm gonna piggy-back on this thread with a similar issue.

I have the same sagging going on with our '00 EB. Overnight or if it's been a while since driving, sometimes the rear is all the way down.

One other thing I noticed is that the compressor seems to kick on more often (when driving) than when it was newer (we bought the truck brand new).

Yesterday, after our last trip out, I flipped the suspension switch to see if a leak was the problem. It was all the way up this morning. I know that one test does not make a successful experiment, but my guess is that there are no leaks.

I have also not got under the truck to inspect anything. I might be able to tonight when my wife gets home (it's her truck).

Like, 190489 says, where is this sensor?

ROCKSBITE

Full Access Members
Reaction score
its funny that guys always complain about this. after i park my 00 i can hear the relay click and the rear airs out. i have mine lowered using the air suspension and sorta like it.