Rear Hatch Operation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I would definitely check your settings. Go to settings, advanced, vehicle settings, power liftgate… Make sure it is set to “on“.

MostlyHarmless

Reaction score
Speaking of which...my foot operated sensor doesn’t work either...now that your mention it!
The foot sensor is a whole other story - mine either works too well (deer on the other side of the road sneezes and my tailgate starts opening like it's possessed) or it doesn't work at all leaving me stood looking like a demented mime artist kicking under the fender.

Seems to be a fair weather device - works in perfect conditions, but is often truculent

Mark

aggiegrad05

Full Access Members
Reaction score
(deer on the other side of the road sneezes and my tailgate starts opening like it's possessed) or it doesn't work at all leaving me stood looking like a demented mime artist kicking under the fender
Hahaha. Yep. My truck baaarely fits in my garage. So when I wiggle around the back to get something on the far side of the garage I have to be INCREDIBLY careful not to "wake it up", because if I do, it's going to open itself right into my garage door. That's a mistake I will only make once.

Artie

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Speaking of which...my foot operated sensor doesn’t work either...now that your mention it!
Do you have the tow package? Mine works fine on the left side but not right and this is due to the tow package. The kicking motion you make may take some practice. I had difficulty with mine at first but now I can get it to work 100% of the time. I have had a few false deployments when changing diapers back there but it’s been a while for that.

OP
OP
Atticus Mabrry

Atticus Mabrry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Still nothing from Ford. Going back in next week. I had the service record pulled by management and the service department had wrote "unable to replicate" next to everything I mentioned...even clearly defective interior trim on the seat that was falling apart. Quite literally makes me sick that they are that ignorant. Ford should be ashamed! So for this second visit they say they are going to "look into it again"....YAY!

gbosin

Reaction score
After 2 days of ownership and the neighbors thinking we're doing the hokie pokie we finally got the foot sensor to work. I really don't know what we did but now it seems to work. I think it was after I read in the owners manual, a single kick.

Sgt Darkness

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have the same vehicle and I can open the hatch or window while the doors are locked. Hopefully the settings answer in earlier post got it operating correctly. As far as the foot operated sensor goes mine seems to work only when it wants to work. Instructions are in the manual and are very specific as to what position your foot needs to be in to operate it correctly. Left or right of the center hitch seems to be the correct location to open the hatch by your foot. If only it would work as instructed......

OP
OP
Atticus Mabrry

Atticus Mabrry

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Scratch that. They fixed it...now none of the doors respond to unlock or lock commands from the remote or touching the handles...just the back hatch. NEVER AGAIN FORD! UNBELIEVABLE! Just wasted a whole day without the car and long round trip.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Scratch that. They fixed it...now none of the doors respond to unlock or lock commands from the remote or touching the handles...just the back hatch. NEVER AGAIN FORD! UNBELIEVABLE! Just wasted a whole day without the car and long round trip.

I wish you nothing but the best.

I bought a new 2015 Ford Expediton Limited 4x4 (and the Ford extended care premium warranty). The selling dealer’s service department has provided poor service (warranty and customer-pay). I have stopped going to that dealership and now am looking for another one, after trying a second Ford dealership that also provided poor service (customer-pay).

Ford has a problem with some of their authorized dealers providing poor service (I’m convinced Ford does nothing with their email surveys they send after service).

The poor service has caused me never to return to the selling dealer and to tell others about the poor service there, and made me hesitant to buy another Ford.

Let us know how things get resolved.