Rear hub removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scotty74

Reaction score
Hey guys have a 2004 Expy and I'm replacing the rear left hub assembly. Can't get the dam thing off. Soaked it in wd40 and wailed on it for a while. Rented a slide hammer with an axle puller and the dam thing won't budge. Any tips?

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
hit the side of the flange (to twist it out) with a big punch and a bigger hammer, I used an air hammer if you have one

I had to take the parking brake shoes off to gain access to the flange to hit it from the side

Plati

Reaction score
Hey guys have a 2004 Expy and I'm replacing the rear left hub assembly. Can't get the dam thing off. Soaked it in wd40 and wailed on it for a while. Rented a slide hammer with an axle puller and the dam thing won't budge. Any tips?
I could be mistaken but I dont think WD40 is the best choice for that. PB Blaster or another penetrating oil is better. JE7 had to go the torch route I believe and it was fugly without that.

Big Brian

Full Access Members
Reaction score
the torch was to get the bolts out that are retaining the hub to the axle

Do as I suggested it will come right off.

penetrating oil wont do anything to this

Last edited: