Rear quarter vent window not opening

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The LR and/or RR Vent Window(s) Do Not Operate
Fuse.
Circuitry.
Vent window/moon roof relay.
Vent window switch.
Vent window motor.
GO to Pinpoint Test E .

OP
OP
L

logoster

Reaction score
no, like i said, we heard a slight humming noise on first attempt but it stopped almost as soon as it started

so i'm therefore assuming that it is indeed the motor that's dead

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Don't assume that the motor/s are bad until you prove out the circuit. You could wind up replacing the motor/s and still have a problem and then spent money for nothing. You may have bad motors but just replacing parts is not the best approach.

There are two motors and two switches I would first disconnect the motors from the circuit and then check the wiring at the motor connectors for voltage. This requires you to press each switch and check for 12 Volts. I would then check the resistance of each motor and also check the motor to see if it is grounded. I would disconnect the linkage at the motors and see if the motors run as it could be that the linkage if frozen.

If any of the above problem are present just replacing the motor will have the same results.

You decide which route you want to take and let me know

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Even if the battery was connected you shouldn't have blew a fuse just by plugging it in UNLESS there was a short in the circuit. And the motors don't come into the circuit until the switches are pressed. So if the fuse blew you have more of a problem than just bad(?) motors

OP
OP
L

logoster

Reaction score
most likely buy a multimeter and check the the power(eventually, it's not like these windows are necessary to operation of the vehicle, so not high priority), make sure it's in range of 12-14 volts, if it is, then likely buy a new motor