Rear Seat Entertainment RSE Monitor Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
W

wasatchrunner

Reaction score
Mine has glitched several times and the passenger one wouldn’t turn on until a restart of the vehicle.

You can try holding the power button down until they hard reset but other than that the passenger one usually works after the restart.
If the hard reset is holding the power button down for 5+ seconds I've done that with no success (On the passenger screen that is blank). If a full car restart works on occasion I am wondering if its the screen or bulb at all or if it some other type of glitch.

AAOO

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The reset would be on the driver's side.
Hold the power button and home button.

It should pop up a android recovery.

This. It’s an outer space themed screen when it restarts.

OP
OP
W

wasatchrunner

Reaction score
The reset would be on the driver's side.
Hold the power button and home button.

It should pop up a android recovery.
I will give this a shot next thank you very much. I could swear that the troubleshooting section on the RSE manual did not say which monitor do that on so I am glad people here know what the heck they are doing.

hillbillysurf

Reaction score
Just curious, did you ever get this working? I have the exact same issue on my 2018 Exp Max (passenger side, light on, screen is dark). I'm not sure how to even remove the unit to inspect/replace it.

OP
OP
W

wasatchrunner

Reaction score
Yes it started working again and not sure how or what caused it. Sorry, I wish I knew what happened so I could let you know what fixed it or if it was just a random issue.

NukeLife

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My passenger side monitor is also freaking out. Glitches , turns off, sometimes just flashes.
The dealership is scheduling a third party repair covered by my extended warranty.
It’s not a Ford system so that have to contract that out.

momof4

Reaction score
My passenger side monitor is also freaking out. Glitches , turns off, sometimes just flashes.
The dealership is scheduling a third party repair covered by my extended warranty.
It’s not a Ford system so that have to contract that out.
Were you able to get this fixed? Our 2018 has this happening now too

MattG

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Odd. My passenger side same thing; glitches on/off, sometimes works but rarely does, lights flash red.

DubsTwo

Reaction score
I have the same issue. Does seem to get fixed after restart (or twice) but is annoying and expect it to work well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hsquared360