Rear Springs with Bilstein 5100's??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sunflowergirl

Full Access Members
Reaction score
are there Expedition 5100s?
Sure are. Completely different than f150 ones which is why he’s got all that lift in rear on stock height setting. Expediton 5100s Max our at 1“ and 1.6” of lift and are designed to work with our springs which like I said are very different than the f150

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score

Langer

Full Access Members
Reaction score
From Bilstein website. I searched 2014 XLT, and 2017 XLT, same parts for both models.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

John McKenzie

Reaction score
OP here. Still haven’t fixed my issue. A little update though. I was told by Bilstein that their shocks for the expy are specifically designed to be used with their (Ford) springs and mounting hardware. Since the original shop discarded my springs and mounting hardware, I went on the search for replacements. Apparently on the new Ford parts the spring mounts aren’t removable (or at least not easily) and I’d have to buy the entire coil over to get what I need. So I went to a salvage yard that had a 2016 expy and bought all the rear suspension parts. I took these parts to a different shop since the first one completely screwed me. When I picked it up, I was told they were able to use the upper spring mount hardware, but not the lower. So all that this accomplished was now I’m back to Ford springs, but I still have Monroe quick strut lower seats and about $800 less in my account. Bilstein looked at pics and they are still saying that’s my issue (the wrong lower seats). I still have 2-3” of rake even with front 5100’s as high as they will go.

So, does anyone know where I can get Ford lower spring mounts (or identical) for a 2015 expy?

Expedition Dave

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Curious to know/hope it has been worked out. Please post pics, as that has to be actually dangerous--don't the rear axles contact the frame at this point?

And yes I am still waiting on my Expy specific Shocks, which for '18 and later lift it 1.5 inches front and rear, keeping the rake and stock setup...

Hamfisted

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Bob what springs are those on your front end ? They look like the KYB springs I just took off. With the weight of the vehicle on the ground I only had about 1" of available compression travel before the springs were binding and bottomed out. There are so many coils there it had no room to compress. I went and got some Monroe Quick Struts for now. Much better ride. More like the stock new ride.

Monroes on the left, KYB on the right ....

2UTfQx.jpg

A way to check is you shouldn't be able to see the spring perch extending below your shock. It should be tucked inside the bottom of the spring like in this picture.

View attachment 37482