1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Springs with Bilstein 5100's??

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by John McKenzie, Jul 31, 2020.

1. joethefordguy

joethefordguy Full Access Members

are there Expedition 5100s?

2. Sunflowergirl

Sunflowergirl Full Access Members

Sure are. Completely different than f150 ones which is why he’s got all that lift in rear on stock height setting. Expediton 5100s Max our at 1“ and 1.6” of lift and are designed to work with our springs which like I said are very different than the f150

3. joethefordguy

can you provide a link to order Expedition 5100s? this is all i can find, they are 4600s: https://www.lmperformance.com/shop....ension&type=shocks-and-struts&sort=popularity

4. Langer

Langer Full Access Members

From Bilstein website. I searched 2014 XLT, and 2017 XLT, same parts for both models.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  5. Langer

Langer Full Access Members

6. joethefordguy

Unfortunately, i have a 2004.

7. John McKenzie

John McKenzie Member

OP here. Still haven’t fixed my issue. A little update though. I was told by Bilstein that their shocks for the expy are specifically designed to be used with their (Ford) springs and mounting hardware. Since the original shop discarded my springs and mounting hardware, I went on the search for replacements. Apparently on the new Ford parts the spring mounts aren’t removable (or at least not easily) and I’d have to buy the entire coil over to get what I need. So I went to a salvage yard that had a 2016 expy and bought all the rear suspension parts. I took these parts to a different shop since the first one completely screwed me. When I picked it up, I was told they were able to use the upper spring mount hardware, but not the lower. So all that this accomplished was now I’m back to Ford springs, but I still have Monroe quick strut lower seats and about $800 less in my account. Bilstein looked at pics and they are still saying that’s my issue (the wrong lower seats). I still have 2-3” of rake even with front 5100’s as high as they will go.

So, does anyone know where I can get Ford lower spring mounts (or identical) for a 2015 expy?

8. John McKenzie

John McKenzie Member

I had Bilstein double the check the part numbers and I DO NOT have F-150 components on the rear...so that is not the issue.