Rear Sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, my comments are very subjective. It would be nice if the suspension communicated the road without waking up my babies when we're on road trips is MS and AL.

When it comes to feeling the road, my '19 ZL1 1LE is pretty close to a street legal track car so I get it.

Looking forward to trying out the front bar.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yeah, my comments are very subjective. It would be nice if the suspension communicated the road without waking up my babies when we're on road trips is MS and AL.

When it comes to feeling the road, my '19 ZL1 1LE is pretty close to a street legal track car so I get it.

Looking forward to trying out the front bar.

Nice reminder that we all have different needs from our vehicles. Past babies, for the moment, in the family. Granddaughter is 14 and learning to drive. Hope you find a great combination that lets those babies sleep tight!

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
For those with the front sway bar and the 4x4 drive-train with OEM towing package, are there any clearance issues?

techdude99

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Perfect. The front bar just shipped today, 30 days from the original order date with Summit.

Hopefully it arrives as scheduled so I can install it this weekend.

Alwaysthinkin

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I realize this isn't my rear sway bar, but it's my front end links. I did the Energy Suspension kit (part number 9.8121G) on the front. These things are nice and beefy and I like that they have polyurethane bushings top and bottom of each connection. Now technically I had to modify them a bit, the bolts are the right length but the bushings are so stiff, that I couldn't actually get the nut on the top (because there was no good way of compressing them enough), so I ended up cutting about 3/4" off of each of the metal spacers that go in the center. This actually lined up the bar a little better too (more parallel). If I had to do it again, I would have only cut 1/2" off, this means a decent amount of threads are exposed on top unfortunately once you crank it down. An alternative would have been to get longer bolts but I couldn't find 9" by 3//8"/16 grade 5 or 8 bolts anywhere near me.

Here's a before and after. So far I like it, took it for a drive, no knocks or noises yet, will recheck nut tightness in a couple days. Way stronger than the stock stuff.

View attachment 39913
View attachment 39912

So, @5280tunage, do you still like the Energy End Links? Is 1/2" still the recommended amount to cut before installing? I'm asking because my front sway bar just arrived and I already have the Energy end links but haven't modified yet. Appreciate your input.

5280tunage

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Alwaysthinkin so far they've been great, no issues at all. Half inch was perfect for me but basically, the method I used to check the length was leaving one end of the bar connected via factory end link, on a flat level surface. I then did my best to measure the distance between the inside surface of the control o
Arm and the bottom of the sway bar bolt hole. Then, I went to my bench, assembled the end to figure out how much to cut off. It also helped to cut off half an inch so there is more bolt threads to work with.

I will say, my bar was back to screeching. Since I had to adjust some exhaust clamps, I cleaned and regreased it.

DWs-TTEB

Full Access Members
Reaction score
@Alwaysthinkin I did the same as tunage, during install I used a silicone based lube (for brake parts rubber boots) never had a squeak to date (installed in mid March 2021). I cut off 1/2" of the center sleeve. 2 wks ago while installing bilstein struts I cleaned & re-lubed them. No noise from them at all.