Rear Sway bar?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JimW

Reaction score
OK, now my backordered sway bar order has been cancelled.
Any suggestions on were to order from?
Thanks

Chio4

Reaction score
I have both front an rear bars. are you guys replacing the links on both? or just the rear?

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the total cost of both front and rear sway bars plus new Moog ends?

Also, what tools do you need to change these out? I don't have a bunch of tools, but ight be willing to buy some.

MHay

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the total cost of both front and rear sway bars plus new Moog ends?

Also, what tools do you need to change these out? I don't have a bunch of tools, but ight be willing to buy some.
It’s about $550 total for front and rear. The Moog end links are about $35 for the pair.

You’ll need a 15mm deep socket for the frame mounts, and to remove the stock end links you need a 6mm to hold the bolt and a 15mm wrench to remove the nuts. The Moogs need a 15mm socket and 18mm wrench.

Edit: These tools are for the rear only. I haven’t installed the front yet.

Last edited:

Lou Hamilton

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It’s about $550 total for front and rear. The Moog end links are about $35 for the pair.

You’ll need a 15mm deep socket for the frame mounts, and to remove the stock end links you need a 6mm to hold the bolt and a 15mm wrench to remove the nuts. The Moogs need a 15mm socket and 18mm wrench.

Edit: These tools are for the rear only. I haven’t installed the front yet.

Thanks!

Looks like I need to invest in some metric wrenches. I think I have those sockets, but the wrenches are questionable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Squark

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My factory end links are holding up fine so far....

I've only seen one report of a link breaking and there was some speculation that using an impact wrench on the bolts might have caused the failure. Have others had a failure? I have the sway bars on order but wasn't planning on replacing the factory links unless they're really needed.