Rear vent windows weak

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

08navigator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2015 extended length navigator.
Our rear vent windows won't open on the highway and sound weak while sitting still. Are these not meant to open on the highway?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
2015 extended length navigator.
Our rear vent windows won't open on the highway and sound weak while sitting still. Are these not meant to open on the highway?

Why would you open them on the highway with all that drag pushing against them as you’re driving down the road? Open them stopped and it won’t be an issue. And open them at least 2x a month to activate motors

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
On my former Navigator they were dead stuck closed... on my expedition they're the unopenable version

What's the deal with em? Good for camping, caveat: rain? Good for getting a draft going at low/medium speeds?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
They don't do much. Get a little circulation going in the back area I suppose. Anyone notice when they're open you can look in them an see above the headliner?

OP
OP

08navigator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They help with the backseat. We'll open those and crack the front windows on the highway. It's gives a good draft but isn't to loud so the kids will sleep.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My ‘07 Eddie Bauer ventilation windows function perfectly. I open them going down the road with no issue and they open and close pretty quickly.

They are nice, when I’ve camped in the truck before I leave them open for ventilation.

OP
OP

08navigator

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Why would you open them on the highway with all that drag pushing against them as you’re driving down the road? Open them stopped and it won’t be an issue. And open them at least 2x a month to activate motors
Because I want tooooooo. Yeah, it makes sense to open them before but sometimes I have the AC on and decide to turn it off at which point I want those rear beeetches open. Does it drop mpg? I'm sure.

16plati

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Because I want tooooooo. Yeah, it makes sense to open them before but sometimes I have the AC on and decide to turn it off at which point I want those rear beeetches open. Does it drop mpg? I'm sure.

No it has no effect on mpg...

Adieu

Full Access Members
Reaction score
It would probably IMPROVE mpg vs just front windows open, since the air coming in up front has an outlet in back instead of using the back of the truck as a parachute of sorts