Rear Window Shade Suggestions- Gen 4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmer

Reaction score
Wondering what sun shades those of you with kids use on the rear windows.

I had a suction cup one that fit poorly and would fall off all the time. However, I accidentally hit the "auto down" on the rear window and well, long story short, there is now two suction cups down inside the door somewhere that I'm sure will come back to haunt me down the road.

I did some searching and saw some references to WeatherTech "Exact Fit" Window/sun shades but it doesnt look like they make them any more.

Was very disappointed that the Expedition didnt come with these built in like the Explorers do- made me consider getting an explorer for a hot second.

I have a rear window shade with magnets on it that works really well to attach to the inner door frame for my wife's MKX but obviously the magnets don't work with the aluminum on the Expy.

SWTB0BCAT

Reaction score
I ended up having to put a darker tint over the factory privacy glass. You can still see out and UV light is blocked, but its really hard to see into the Expedition from outside.

OP
OP
J

Jimmer

Reaction score
I ended up having to put a darker tint over the factory privacy glass. You can still see out and UV light is blocked, but its really hard to see into the Expedition from outside.

That would definitely be a cleaner look than having to deal with one falling off inside all the time. I assume i'd have to add the tint to all the windows then if i wanted to avoid a checkboard look with one window really dark..