rear wiper working only when moist for 12 hours 2000 expy xlt

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Petesexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
My rear wiper is driving me nuts. The motor is about 2-3 years old and works fine when it works. It almost never works for me, works frequently for my wife. It only works if the car is damp after the night's rain - about 12 hours of soaking. I suspect ground or lift gate switch, but I do not know how to find either one. BTW, the lift gate warning light is fine - it lights up when it supposed to. Anybody have any ideas, or at least can help me with the location of these items? BTW, the motor mount is located on rubber busshings, so that's not where the ground is.

Plati

Reaction score
Would help to know the year of the Expy. You know about the well documented problem with those wipers getting "stuck", right?

OP
OP
P

Petesexpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Would help to know the year of the Expy. You know about the well documented problem with those wipers getting "stuck", right?
Sorry, it's a 2000. Yes, I know about getting stuck. At first, tapping on the motor or around it would activate the wiper. Now it does not any more.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett