Recall Notice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kjtully

Reaction score
With an open recall, doesn't that cause problems trying to trade in the vehicle or sell it if the recall fix hasn't been applied to the vehicle? Somewhere in the back of my mind I'm thinking people had difficulties trading in or selling their vehicles with the airbag recall if they didn't get the recall work done prior to the trade-in/sale. My memory isn't what it used to be so I could be mistaken.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
With an open recall, doesn't that cause problems trying to trade in the vehicle or sell it if the recall fix hasn't been applied to the vehicle? Somewhere in the back of my mind I'm thinking people had difficulties trading in or selling their vehicles with the airbag recall if they didn't get the recall work done prior to the trade-in/sale. My memory isn't what it used to be so I could be mistaken.

Federal law prohibits new and used motor vehicle dealers, and some car rental agencies, from selling or leasing a new or used vehicle with an open safety recall. There is a civil penalty of $21,000 per vehicle sold or leased with an open safety recall.

There is no law (that I’m aware of) that prohibits an individual from selling a vehicle with an open safety recall.

I’d suspect that car dealers would not want to buy or take as a trade-in any vehicle that has an open safety recall, but cannot be fixed due to lack of parts and/or a remedy for the recall (such as the Expedition potential-fire safety recall).

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I smell a class action law suit if Ford doesn't come up with a fix soon. Buy them back if you can't fix them.

RDDriver

Reaction score
I had my windshield wiper recall addressed two weeks ago. Parts of course may not be readily available. Still waiting on a fix for the fire recall.

OP
OP
F

Fastcar

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I understand they all have recalls. But the others don't involve having your vehicle catch fire. What ****** me off the most is Ford's lack of understanding how the fires started and no fix. Does the recall just stay open indefinitely if they never figure it out? And what does that mean for the value of the vehicles that fall into the build date range. I sure as heck would not but a used one that has this recall open.
They have a good idea of the cause. How else would it be possible to narrow down the dates of manufacture of the affected vehicles? Further, why would they mention disconnecting the battery cable.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
They have a good idea of the cause. How else would it be possible to narrow down the dates of manufacture of the affected vehicles? Further, why would they mention disconnecting the battery cable.

The date range could just be the earliest and latest vehicle build dates that actually caught fire. And regarding disconnecting the battery. That's for people who cannot park outside or away from a building. Disconnect the battery and get the customer a rental. Still nothing regarding root cause or fix for the fire.

Last edited:

PhrogPilot

Reaction score
Yea, what a wonderful experience Ford is giving us, huh? I love paying all that $$$ every month for a vehicle that could burst into flames ar any time. I'm going to give them about a month more of this nonsense (no fix) and then I'm going to either sell it or trade it in. The new Chevy Tahoe and GMC Yukon look fantastic.
I too am fed up with Ford having a 2018 and 2019 with cam phaser, struts, shocks and transmission issues. I have a 2022 Yukon Denali that was shipped from the Arlington plant on April 1st and as of May 30th it is sitting in an open field in Midlothean, Texas awaiting some undisclosed "something". Hail, mice, squirrels, bird poop and who knows what are probably having a great time with my new SUV. I'm getting as fed up with GMC as I am with Ford.

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I smell a class action law suit if Ford doesn't come up with a fix soon. Buy them back if you can't fix them.
That is not how either of those to items above work, or would work, no matter how much you wish they did.

Ford cannot control their supply chain, unless they are the manufacturer of the faulty parts, and own the supply chain back to the raw goods for the replacement parts.
You sue Ford
Ford sues their supplier
Their supplier sues their suppliers, who then sue their suppliers.

10 years later the suit(s) are settled, or the companies in question have gone out of business.

Case closed

Only winners, the lawyers, yes, really.

Bill

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That is not how either of those to items above work, or would work, no matter how much you wish they did.

Ford cannot control their supply chain, unless they are the manufacturer of the faulty parts, and own the supply chain back to the raw goods for the replacement parts.
You sue Ford
Ford sues their supplier
Their supplier sues their suppliers, who then sue their suppliers.

10 years later the suit(s) are settled, or the companies in question have gone out of business.

Case closed

Only winners, the lawyers, yes, really.

Bill

Yes, sure. But what is the cause of the fire? If they know it they should release the information.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett