Recall Notice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmustang

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Yes, sure. But what is the cause of the fire? If they know it they should release the information.
I'm betting that they still do not know, this based on my time as a body shop owner dealing with such things (see previous post in this thread).

Bill

mamores24

Reaction score
The date range could just be the earliest and latest vehicle build dates that actually caught fire. And regarding disconnecting the battery. That's for people who cannot park outside or away from a building. Disconnect the battery and get the customer a rental. Still nothing regarding root cause or fix for the fire.
Just learned of the potential fire recall. Have not seen anything on disconnecting battery or alternative if not able to park outside or away from building. Can someone point me where this came from? Thanks.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Just learned of the potential fire recall. Have not seen anything on disconnecting battery or alternative if not able to park outside or away from building. Can someone point me where this came from? Thanks.
Hi. It was posted in a different thread. Here is the link:

It was sent to the dealers so they know how to handle a situation were a customer cannot park outside or away from any buildings.

duneslider

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Not that this helps but there have been fire issues with vehicles forever. There were several different recalls on my jeep jk for fire issues, I had at least 2 "fixes" performed on mine there may have been a third I didn't worry about because it actually didn't apply to my build even though they said it did.

I have owned a lot of jeeps and it seems like every model I had went through fire issues. The cherokee did and the grand cherokee did. I think that stuff happens quite often.

Everyone talks about how terrible ford is and how wonderful others are, such as Toyota. My FIL has had more issues with his Toyota Highlander than I can believe. I think it is back at the dealer more often than at his house. It was just at the dealer again last week due to random not starting. He just bought another car, partially, so he has something to drive when the toyota is at the dealer.

Supply issues are definitely causing all sorts of delays and that is hitting everyone it seems.

Grizguy

Reaction score
KIA s also have a fire recall. I ordered a big screen head unit 16 months ago for my expy. STILL waiting on chips. Domestic parts.. Exclude Texas. Their power outage a few years ago wrecked havic on US supply of chemicals.

Grizguy

Reaction score
Oh.. I keep getting "offers" from my dealer for my 19 max. Get into a 2022 they low balling my trade in. Want to charge interest to finance the 22. I put a boat load cash down and had a VERY good trade in. I would consider a newer expy if they offered a fair trade in. They expect to mark up my trade $20,000.

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Oh.. I keep getting "offers" from my dealer for my 19 max. Get into a 2022 they low balling my trade in. Want to charge interest to finance the 22. I put a boat load cash down and had a VERY good trade in. I would consider a newer expy if they offered a fair trade in. They expect to mark up my trade $20,000.

Why not sell your current vehicle outright, and buy the vehicle you want? Why trade your current vehicle to the dealer if you feel they are giving you a low-ball offer, and you could sell the vehicle for substantially more than their offer?

Kudie

Reaction score
A lincoln navigator burned up in fortmyers beach florida this morning. Was on the news live .

Kudie

Reaction score
Mine Is in the garage with battery unhooked. Wife refuses to drive it. Dealer is trying to get me a rental car but have no new cars! Daughter had a dodge minivan that burned up while parked at work, so I don’t blame her. I refuse to hook up and unhook battery every time I want to use it. Just parked outside would still be too close to house or garage.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire