Recomended service at 50k 2017

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well he was alot of help, lol.

Anyway alot of experienced guys on here, say to change the plugs. Something about the TT engine fouls them out fast.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Well he was alot of help, lol.

Anyway alot of experienced guys on here, say to change the plugs. Something about the TT engine fouls them out fast.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
What? It's not in the manual? Dumb question, dumb answer.

Jeremygsu

Reaction score
I purchased a '15 Expedition in March with 49k. Since then I have done a fuel injection cleaning service, alignment, engine air filter, spark plug change, new lugnuts (swelled), and had to get a new battery.

sixstring

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I service on an as needed basis. If it's not broke, I don't fix it.

Ford recommends plugs at 100k in the manual, so that is when I'll change them.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I service on an as needed basis. If it's not broke, I don't fix it.

Ford recommends plugs at 100k in the manual, so that is when I'll change them.
100k seems like a long time, don't forget they start wearing out from day one like tires.

inmanlanier

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Spark plugs have been at 100K ever since the advent of computer controls, even more improved with the use of wide band O2 sensors. They can really tweak the AF ratio such there is very, very little fouling. The turbo does not impact this since very infrequently do you drive in open loop. I tell people wait until a misfire - then research your vehicle and replace not only plugs, but coils if those cars are prone to them and challenging to get to. Our older Kia Sorento had coils going bad first (slightly over 100K as I recall). My daughter's 2009 Sonata still runs like a charm at 132K miles, original plugs and coils. Our 2005 Ford Five Hundred started misfiring I think at 115K miles - it was a coil on the rear bank so since I had to pull a bunch of stuff off we changed the rear bank coils and all the plugs.

07navi

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Spark plugs have been at 100K ever since the advent of computer controls, even more improved with the use of wide band O2 sensors. They can really tweak the AF ratio such there is very, very little fouling. The turbo does not impact this since very infrequently do you drive in open loop. I tell people wait until a misfire - then research your vehicle and replace not only plugs, but coils if those cars are prone to them and challenging to get to. Our older Kia Sorento had coils going bad first (slightly over 100K as I recall). My daughter's 2009 Sonata still runs like a charm at 132K miles, original plugs and coils. Our 2005 Ford Five Hundred started misfiring I think at 115K miles - it was a coil on the rear bank so since I had to pull a bunch of stuff off we changed the rear bank coils and all the plugs.
Waiting for a misfire will keep it running smoothly but it doesn't address the MPG's slowly getting worse.

JasonH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Manual says 60k for plugs for severe duty. I changed mine around 90k due to low RPM stumble. Mine was is a fleet vehicle so it probably so no towing before I got it. Plug boots degrade and tear once the miles get high.