Remote lock Gem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firepuppy

Reaction score
i wanted to replace the remote door lock gem under the dash with another one as mine only work when it wants to when i put it in nothing worked do i have to have this reprogrammed for the new gem or am i doing something wrong

Bedrck47

Full Access Members
Reaction score
This is what the Service manual says for the RAP module

Installation

CAUTION: Once the new module is installed it is necessary to download the module configuration information from the New Generation STAR (NGS) Tester into the new module. For additional information; refer to Section 418-01 .

NOTE: When the battery is disconnected and reconnected, some abnormal drive symptoms may occur while the vehicle relearns its adaptive strategy. The vehicle may need to be driven 16 km (10 miles) or more to relearn the strategy.

However in reading the Service manual there could be other reasons for you having problems with the original module. There is a long test procedure that would help pinpoint the problem. And just replacing the RAP module may not cure your problem

Condition
The doors do not lock/unlock using the remote transmitter

Possible Sources
CJB Fuse 8.
CJB Fuse 4.
Keyless entry remote transmitter battery.
Keyless entry remote transmitter.
Driver unlock relay.
Circuitry.
Remote anti-theft personality (RAP) module.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65