Remote oil filters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mquick5

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I get my oil changed at the Ford dealer along with tire rotation and fluids check every 4-5k miles for $50 out the door. Keeps my garage floor clean and leaves a nice paper trail for any future warranty claims,and for the next owners peace of mind on such an expensive purchase.

You cant beat that! I just paid $42 for the oil & filter's. I think the air filter was $11 So for $20 in labor, the dealer may see my truck in 5k miles.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As tough as it is to get my hand in to remove/replace filter on my 2 valve 4x4, that access would sure be nice. Sure is a shame as always these companies make what appears to be a top level product, only to put 99 cent fittings to plumb it together. They would be better off saying mounting hardware separate. I don't know if Teflon tape to seal threads is a good idea around oil. It gets up to 600 degrees. Once you get the aircraft fittings, see if you can find that red paste that Ford puts on parts like oil pressure, or other leakable switches. Does anybody know where to buy it?

Sent from my N9131 using Tapatalk

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
What is the reason this appeals to people?
A lot of work to install and not cheap.
The components certainly look cool but they are never in as safe of a place as the original.
A fairly slight accident could make it inoperable.
I had a friend that blew up a 3.0 in a grand am because it had the longer pf52 filter instead of the factor 48. Tons of people used the longer one but he hit some railroad track too fast and when the filter hit the ground, it snapped the aluminum mount off of the timing chain cover.

It makes changing filter(s) easier but a lot of work up front.
No extension of engine life unless you have some formula you use to lengthen oil change intervals and let filters make up for it.

I don't see the need.
All of these engines go 225K+ with only minimal oil changes. Ours is at 247-250 with way over what it should be changes. Usually has full syn in it but still way over. We've got it at 193K.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like driving an old 1940/50/60's car that gets horrible mileage, doesn't stop, doesn't handle. They look cool! That's why. Open the hood, and say to your friends, look what Santa brought me!

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Like driving an old 1940/50/60's car that gets horrible mileage, doesn't stop, doesn't handle. They look cool! That's why. Open the hood, and say to your friends, look what Santa brought me!

They certainly look COOL!!
Braided lines and aero fitting YEAH BABY!!

Just like Chrome: It makes you go faster!!!

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
So does washing your car! Ask any guy on Sunday. He'll say man she's running better now that she's clean. Works for kids too, much cuter when clean!

Plati

Reaction score
So does washing your car! Ask any guy on Sunday. He'll say man she's running better now that she's clean. Works for kids too, much cuter when clean!

Amen to that. I swear its true … Gods honest truth!! I put in a new battery last week and I really feel like it runs better now, same with oil changes. None true except in my mind.

Love that oil filter setup but I know of no evidence that it helps anything. Maybe there is? On top of that, now have addition potential points of failure. I once had a braided hose blow on my washing machine. Basement filled with water! Now I have that shutoff valve.

1955moose

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I don't know about the battery, but Everytime I reconnected a battery in vehicles that had high end stereo, it always sounded better, quieter, punchier.

TobyU

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As long as we all admit it's illogical with probably little to no actual benefit then I guess we're all good.
I do lots of things just because I want to.

Plati

Reaction score
As long as we all admit it's illogical with probably little to no actual benefit then I guess we're all good.
I do lots of things just because I want to.
It might help, I dunno.

I'm makin a wooden mallet out of white oak this afternoon/tonight.
Do I need it? No.
Just want to do it … and I might need it someday.:893karatesmiley-thu
Came out nice. Has good balance.
IMG_0572.JPG

Last edited: