Remote window operation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

byathread

Full Access Members
Reaction score
And I continue to learn, thankfully not the hard way this time... [emoji23]

So, in advanced vehicle settings with remote open and remote close checked/enabled for windows, if you are carrying a pair of pants with your keys in one of the pockets and are pushing the unlock button continuously, it'll of course, open the vehicle but as a bonus will also roll down all the windows! The same procedure works to close, though the manual says to push and hold until you see window movement... I played with it again after looking on the manual.

Handy/potentially a complete nightmare...for my other inadvertent button pressers out there.

Glad it wasn't raining like hell! Wife noticed about 10 minutes after I did it...

You know you're going to do it at least once now if you never have. [emoji23]

Hope everyone is staying healthy and making the most of these strange times.

-Ryan

wakeboarder

Full Access Members
Reaction score
The feature is called “global opening” in the manual. Do you have the sunroof? If so, does it vent per page 101 of the 2019 manual?

CFD9787D-3151-40B3-AA53-7A31E41ADE27.jpeg

DCS_express

Reaction score
How do I get this feature on my 2018 XLT? Didn't see the options in the advance vehicle settings? This would be very useful in Florida's summers. Thanks.

DenSanAZ

Reaction score
I also have the sunroof and global entry does not vent it as the manual states - and, living in AZ, where we're hitting 111 this week, I'd really like the roof to vent!