Removal of rust from paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bugguts

Reaction score
Front left brake wore into rotor, generating metallic dust that got onto rim and paint before the wife told me about brake noise. Along comes rain which changed metal to rust. Gentle washing won’t remove the rust. Any suggestions?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
If paste wax doesn't remove it, try a light (white) polishing compound for cars. Comes in a tin like paste wax. Most waxes contain some light polish. Should work like a charm. If you are afraid that will be too aggressive you can try Bug and Tar Remover, but I think you'll need to compound.

Welcome to the forums.

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score
Front left brake wore into rotor, generating metallic dust that got onto rim and paint before the wife told me about brake noise. Along comes rain which changed metal to rust. Gentle washing won’t remove the rust. Any suggestions?
Go directly to iron x. I use this on my 2016 tri coat platinum white and works flawlessly every single time. Spray on and it will turn all Metallica embedded in the paint purple then rinse off. You will pleasantly surprised

J Ski

3.5plati
Reaction score

OP
OP
B

Bugguts

Reaction score
Got some of the Iron.x and used it. Worked well! So much rust I used most of the $28 bottle. Ouch. I figured there were some smart guys out there.