Removing 17 Limited Passenger Window Sill trim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Malux

Reaction score
Just got our first Expedition on Saturday: a 2017 Limited 4x4. I have a ding on the Chrome window sill on the passenger side.

Does anyone know how to replace the chrome insert?

I attached a pic showing what i'm seeing.

Thanks!IMG_B8D61F69CE09-1 2.jpeg

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can’t just remove the chrome piece, you have to remove the whole sill trim piece. You can get a trim removal tool to get the clips behind it to release. Slip it under one end and slide it along to work it off.

OP
OP
M

Malux

Reaction score
You can’t just remove the chrome piece, you have to remove the whole sill trim piece. You can get a trim removal tool to get the clips behind it to release. Slip it under one end and slide it along to work it off.

Does anyone have any pics or a video of doing it? It looks like the sill goes right up to the mirror molding.

Hmm, maybe a good idea is just to go a junkyard and "practice"

OP
OP
M

Malux

Reaction score
Looks like a lot of effort for an insignificant "ding." But I have zero skills is this area and my truck is Absolute Black so this would barely show and I rarely see this side anyway. :)

-- Chuck
I'm just trying to get Mrs Bonus Points. Seems easy to pull off :)

star-art

Full Access Members
Reaction score
If you figure it out, please be sure to let us know! I went looking in the factory service manual (FSM) and could not find any mention of this trim piece!