Replacement Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chuck s

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Chesterfield, VA (that's south of Richmond, y'all)
18" wheels are only a "downgrade" in the bling department. I was a little disappointed my '17 came with 18" and not 17" wheels which allow higher profile tires without going to raised bodies, etc.. The 18" are 65, even lower than the 70-series available on the 17". OE 20", more suitable for the country/yacht clup are 55 and the super-bling 22" are 45 rubber bands. The difference between 65 and 70 hasn't been enough for new wheels -- and the tires are barely worn. 17" are available and the SUV-difference between the 20" 55 profile and 17" 70 profile is significant in my view.

-- Chuck

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
18" wheels are only a "downgrade" in the bling department.
-- Chuck
That's a matter of opinion. Lower profile tires on a vehicle like the Expy reduce the body roll/improve handling by quite a bit. I'll take my 22s on my 17 over the 20s on my 07 and definitely over anything smaller. If I were off-roading a ton, that might be a different story.

HawkX66

Semper Fi!
Reaction score
Yep, low profile tires offer stiffer sidewalls which influences road handling. At the expense of ride comfort and non-road driving.

-- Chuck
My 17 with 22s rides exponentially better than my 07 with 20s. There is a lot more to driving comfort that just the profile of the tire. It's not like you're driving it on the rims either.