Replacement tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RussD89

Reaction score
I think the FX4’s are the only ones with A/T’s from the factory.

If you want to consider the Primacy an AT tire. lol It was fine on the highway, didn't much like the sandy dirt I got into at the camp a couple weekends ago.

Ordered new tires the moment I received my expy, just hadn't got them done by that trip. They're on now (285/65r18 General Grabber AT/X) and love them. Didn't add discernable noise, actually made it feel better on the expansion joints on concrete roads, and does very well in the heavy rain. Rated for snow, just don't have much of that in Louisiana in April.

Had Kumho Road Venture AT51 on my suburban, they did well even at 40k miles in the Louisiana Snowpocolypse 2021 back in Feb. They were a great tire on that bus both on highway, in some light snow and ice over the years, and gravel roads. I didn't get them on the expy because they weren't quite as satisfactory off highway so figured I'd try these Generals. I'll add, I do not go mud running, but occasionally venture off the beaten path a little.

Reaction score
On my third set of Bridgestone Duelers 275/55/R20 and they are perfect for Ohio. I get about 70K out of them and rotate every 10K. They hold up well, quiet and off road (hunting destinations) and great in snow. Just another choice...

AZ in the Burg

Reaction score
I like my General Grabber ATx. Good in light to medium snow. Ice is just OK; but, ice is always difficult. Good wearing tread-too.

Expd830

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have Venom Power on my Suburban. Currently on my 2nd set... I love them

Datchu09

Reaction score
I have had good luck with the Falkin A/T that's sold on Amazon I use the all year up here in Alaska and as bonus they look nice on my 3rd gen

3rd Expyowner123

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Love my 22” Pirelli Verde All Season II, they ride extremely well, better handling than OEM Hankooks, significantly better wet traction and are wearing well with now 10k miles. Live in South Texas, cannot comment on snow traction.

mefly2

Reaction score
We have used these on highways, forest service roads, snow, and off road on both our Expy, 1/2 ton and 4-runner ... we are extremely pleased with the lack of noise, traction for braking and steering on both ice and snow in MT. We sometimes tow a 25' Airstream.
BFG All-Terrain T/A KO2
LT 275 / 55 R 2O
... a tremendous improvement over the ATs that came stock ... no noticeable change in mpg at avg 65 mph.