Replacing windshield weatherstripping 2012 XLT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Hwo do I replace the top windshield weatherstripping on my 2012? It came off in a carwash the other day and, even though it has a grip channel to hold the top of the glass, I can’t get it to stay on. I don’t really want to go to an auto glass place, but will if that’s the only option. I have the strip in the back of the truck. Do I need to get a new one, or can I reuse the old one?

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I believe the weatherstrip is part of the windshield glass and is sold attached to the glass. The glass with the rubber surround is glued to the car. If the whole thing still functions and doesn't leak, you might glue it back with compound made for weatherstripping windshields.

If the glass doesn't require replacement, an auto glass place shouldn't charge much to rig something up for you. They have the stuff you'd need and it shouldn't cost much more than buying it and doing the job yourself.

OP
OP
rwmorrisonjr

rwmorrisonjr

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I believe the weatherstrip is part of the windshield glass and is sold attached to the glass. The glass with the rubber surround is glued to the car. If the whole thing still functions and doesn't leak, you might glue it back with compound made for weatherstripping windshields.

If the glass doesn't require replacement, an auto glass place shouldn't charge much to rig something up for you. They have the stuff you'd need and it shouldn't cost much more than buying it and doing the job yourself.

Ok, thanks. I'll check around and see what I can find. I'll also see if I can order a new one and install it. I know its mostly cosmetic, but I still want to get it fixed.