Right Front Turn Sigal Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

66horse

Reaction score
My front passenger turn signal does not work (but the parking light does - same bulb). Rear flashes fast. No flash on dash.

Replaced bulb.

Replaced Flasher.

Still no work.

Any ideas on what to check next?

Its a 97.

Thanks!
Steve

monsta

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I gotta be honest with ya, I've been thinking 'bout this for a few days and I'm stumped...

Does the bulb light when the emergency flashers are on?

NoMo

Reaction score
Check all of your brake lights to be sure they are operational- even the ones over the back glass. Also check your trailer plug to make sure none of the wires are worn & 'shorting' out.

If all of those things are OK, then you likely have a wiring problem to that non-functional light.

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
All these functions come from the "multi-Function" switch on the steering column (the left/right/lights/front wiper/rear wiper/etc.....switch). From what I can see from the schematics, there is no other probable cause, especially since you have changed everything else!

The change out is simple, and the switch does not cost much. I had to change mine because the wipers stopped working.

Let me know when/if you are going to do this, and I can send you a .pdf file from the OEM manual .

Good Luck

OP
OP

66horse

Reaction score
Originally posted by rwinch
All these functions come from the "multi-Function" switch on the steering column (the left/right/lights/front wiper/rear wiper/etc.....switch). From what I can see from the schematics, there is no other probable cause, especially since you have changed everything else!

The change out is simple, and the switch does not cost much. I had to change mine because the wipers stopped working.

Let me know when/if you are going to do this, and I can send you a .pdf file from the OEM manual .

Good Luck

First of all thank you everyone for your ideas! And I will get the answer to all the questions you all asked. Ill test it all out.

Dont think it is a socket.... cause the light works when I put the parking lights on.

If you could send me that PDF that would be great.

Thanks!
Steve

[email protected]

OP
OP

66horse

Reaction score
Originally posted by monsta
I gotta be honest with ya, I've been thinking 'bout this for a few days and I'm stumped...

Does the bulb light when the emergency flashers are on?

NO

rwinch

Full Access Members
Reaction score
As requested, directions on removal/replacement of Multi-Function Switch.

Zip file includes schematics.

Good Luck :)

Attachments

• mf switch.zip
    68 KB · Views: 202
OP
OP

66horse

Reaction score
Originally posted by rwinch
As requested, directions on removal/replacement of Multi-Function Switch.

Zip file includes schematics.

Good Luck :)

Thanks you much sir!!!!!

Steve

big pacheco

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Dont think it is a socket.... cause the light works when I put the parking lights on.

try testing the socket with a test light.cost nothing to check.