Right Front Turn Sigal Not Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

66horse

Reaction score
Originally posted by big pacheco
Dont think it is a socket.... cause the light works when I put the parking lights on.

try testing the socket with a test light.cost nothing to check.

Good Point!

So I actually have tested a bit at the socket already. Its not hot when the blinker is on but it is hot when the parking lights are on.

What else can I test at the socket?

Thanks!
Steve

ExpyBob

Reaction score
The bulb has two filaments--1 for parking and a second brighter one for blinker.

Did you change the bulb 1st?

Bob

F150

Reaction score
It could be the connector(s) to the multi function switch. One of the individual wires (the one for the right font turn signal) in the connector may be "stretched" and pulled off of it's connector post.

This happened on my 99 F150. I put it back on, but it ended up walking off again in a week or two. You can access this plug/switch by removing the ignition key switch and the upper and lower plastic covers on the column.

OP
OP

66horse

Reaction score
Originally posted by F150
It could be the connector(s) to the multi function switch. One of the individual wires (the one for the right font turn signal) in the connector may be "stretched" and pulled off of it's connector post.

This happened on my 99 F150. I put it back on, but it ended up walking off again in a week or two. You can access this plug/switch by removing the ignition key switch and the upper and lower plastic covers on the column.

cool, thanks. That seems easy to check.

I have not gotten around to doing anything on this yet. I went to the parts stores... nobody had one in stock except one place and they wanted 150!!!! For the MFS.

Then I went and got myself a damn job and am working 12 hours a day so no time to mess with it. all work on car time goes to the 66 bronco!!!