Rock rails for the old girl.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Yager

Yager

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Update on the trail rig. Just threw some 315s on it. Bfg km2s. Had the windows tinted with 15% ceramic all around. I'm about to start the bumper build for a 12k winch. Guess this is turning into more of a build thread lately.

IMG_20191129_114056~2.jpg

ExplorerTom

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How do you like the ceramic tint so far? I’ve been thinking about doing that to mine.

OP
OP
Yager

Yager

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I love it. It's much cooler inside. I no longer have to even run the AC half way up. here in hot Florida. 15% seems perfect not much darker them the factory tint and can see through it clearly at night.

toneout

Reaction score
Have you started on the front bumper yet? I have been looking and not finding much. I just bought a 2001 and it has a 3" BL so I will need to have anything I get fabbed.

Seatracks

Reaction score
Were you able to fit the 315’s without a lift kit?
I had a 2000 Expy that I put 285’s on and want to go a little bigger since I have to get new tires anyway.

OP
OP
Yager

Yager

Full Access Members
Reaction score
alright you all have gave me some much needed inspiration lol. Been out wheeling it omost every weekend lately. Ive had a 12K HF special sitting in my garage for awhile now. Guess ill have to get some steel and start the bumper build. As far as fitting 315s all ive done is a torsion bar crank and did coil spacers in the rear. Little bit of trimming on the lower bumper and your good. Only get a little rub at full lock on the sway bar and a little in the back wheel well under heavy articulation. Mostly both rubbing issues would be solved with some adapters or some offset wheels.

Seatracks

Reaction score
I will be looking forward to seeing your bumper. I have the same HF winch and have been using it on a front hitch receiver. Works fine but I would rather have it mounted on a solid bumper.
My 2000 Expy was totaled a few weeks ago and i am in the process of setting up another one. This time I want to set it up a little differently.

OP
OP
Yager

Yager

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Little update on everything here. Was going to start the bumper build but decided to do some much needed maintenance on her. Had a couple small vacuume leaks. Took care of those and my fuel pump started dying. I just finished swapping the pump yesterday.which u can do without dropping the tank. I just pulled my spare tire and leaned over the rear axle and changed it. I'm going to try to get three old bumper off this weekend and already get the new one fitted up and tacked.