Rocker panel time, 2011 EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChrisnTX

Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm New to the forum, and am looking for the name to a piece of plastic I need to replace. I have a 2013 Expedition. On the front drivers side rocker panel there is a piece of plastic that is coming off. It's about a foot long and there are four to five holes on the panel where this fits into. If you don't mind, what is the name of that piece of plastic? Thanks for any help.

OP
OP
stevemiller333
Reaction score
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but I'm New to the forum, and am looking for the name to a piece of plastic I need to replace. I have a 2013 Expedition. On the front drivers side rocker panel there is a piece of plastic that is coming off. It's about a foot long and there are four to five holes on the panel where this fits into. If you don't mind, what is the name of that piece of plastic? Thanks for any help.

You should really start a new thread, but call a ford dealership parts dept with your vin handy. They will look it up and order it for you, it's like $10.

no MORE_MPG

Reaction score
Steve,
They did a great job! Almost makes me want to find a reason to come to your area for a while.
I got mine through PA's state safety inspection, that's going to have to be good enough for me for now.
Though, it is really nice to see that it is possible to have it done right! Thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
stevemiller333
Reaction score
Thanks. I just wanted to start a thread because I couldn't find a forum post showing a complete outer rocker replacement on the 3rd gen EL.
They all tend to rust here if they ever see any salt. I was nervous about how it would come out, but I am thrilled with his work. I think it will last at least 5 years.
I will keep it Krowned every year. I am unsure whether I will plug the inner rocker holes. I want to make sure there is air flow because the inner rocker/outer rocker joint at the rear quarter panel has now been sealed.

I hope it helps someone in the future!

Trainmaster

Old School Member
Reaction score
I think you got more than you paid for. That's a beautiful job with care in preparation and rustproofing. You couldn't ask for more. I wish there was someone around here who did that quality work.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great work, if I ever needed rockers again I wouldn’t mind the 45 minute ride out to Rochester for that quality.