Rocker panel time, 2011 EL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes the 2006 model year rocker panels fit perfectly with a little finagling. I’m not sure why the parts websites have not updated their figment guides, when I had my short 2007 Expedition the 2006 panel was a dead on match. I measured it every which way and all the creases matched. With the EL you have to lengthen it a bit.

mjp2

Full Access Members
Reaction score
OP
OP
stevemiller333
Reaction score
I did not get a pic of the inners but they were solid. The main area was where I poked the hole through, I think there was a salty puddle resting in there for half the year. That is why it's important to get to it before it spreads to the inners.

Plati

Reaction score
These are the plugs I use in my 2014 "inner rocker panel" to keep goobus out in winter
Almost time to reinstall them
IMG_2134.JPG

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's nice work. *Nobody* around here does that kind of work. It would be slapped over the rusted one with a handful of spot welds and Bondoed.

It truly is an art. We have some excellent body shops in Buffalo. On my last red 2007 expy my passenger wheel well was bubbling and rusty. I took it in and they cut out all the rust, grounded the remainder off, welded on new sheet steel and shaped it, filled, and painted and blended. It was excellent work and they got every single crease correct. I was blown away that they got red paint to match literally perfectly. You couldn’t pick out where the repair was done after the work.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharprd65