Roof mounted LED & HID off road lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SoCalStig

Reaction score
Gentlemen,
Good morning. I am wondering if anyone can give me some ideas for a project I am working on with my Expedition. I put together a temporary light bar for use occasionally. It utilizes a pair of old halogen "Rally" lights that I had used when I owned an '86 4Runner. I have since converted them to 55W, 500K HID. Along side those are a pair of the Kawell 6 led light bars (angled out slightly). I have a Blue Seas fuse box that I will be installing on the left side of the engine bay, ahead of the air cleaner duct/chamber. I have a wiring harness for all of the lights. The problem I am having is coming up with an idea for a quick disconnect for the wires to the lights, so that I can quickly unplug them and stow the whole thing away in the garage. I was originally looking at 4 wire trailer connectors, but could not find any in anything thicker than 18 gauge.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a quick disconnect that I can use that would be of sufficient gauge to run 55W HIDs? The twin LEDs won't be a problem, and will be wired separately.

Thank you!

GAINMOB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do remember seeing something that u may be interested in for car audio that u may be able to use...i'll see if I can find it again...takes 4 ga wires and is basically a connector for up to 4 inputs I believe...that way half stays put and u can just pull the other half and be out

OP
OP
S

SoCalStig

Reaction score
10K,
That sounds like just what i am looking for. For the HID lights I am thinking that I would need a minimum of 14 gauge, with 12 being better. I can't find any 4 pin connectors that use wiring that heavy.