Roof Rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ejstith

Reaction score
I have just bought a '02 Navigator and this forum is the closest I can find that has any information worth getting and I assume the Expedition and Navigator are basically the same. My problem is rust at the front of the grooves on the roof. The front of the groove is very deep and not sloped as it is on my '97 Explorer so water just stands there and rusts. There is a hole in my roof about the size of a nickle and you can imagine my surprise after I bought it and water came pouring in from the overhead console in my first rain encounter. The warranty for "holes" is 5 years and it was built 5 years ago this month so I'm hoping the warranty will pay for the fix on this. I'd like to have some ammunition in case I have to go to battle with Ford over this. Does anyone know of any more situations like this?

OP
OP
E

ejstith

Reaction score
It was covered under warranty. Just made it by the skin of my teeth. The Lincoln body shop said it could not be fixed so the put an entire new roof on it. I was impressed by the support from Lincoln/Mercury here in Tallahassee and by the Lincoln factory support team.