Rough running @1500rm & 45mph. Shakes & shudders

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

08HybridOK

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Said something like 89-177 Lb-IN, I only have a foot lb wrench.

B

bedrck46

15 ft/lbs

Ford workshop manual on DVD. Can be obtained from seller "morpheousking" on e-bay. Cost about $10.00 Much better than Clymer, Haynes or Chilton and also includes wiring diagrams

Don't waste your money on a Clymer, Haynes or Chilton Manual.
It is well worth the $10.00 just make sure you get the DVD for your year as the seller has different DVD's for different years

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bedrck46

as you said your a youtube guy But what threw me for a loop was you asked after your replaced some of the plugs

OP
OP

08HybridOK

Full Access Members
Reaction score
as you said your a youtube guy But what threw me for a loop was you asked after your replaced some of the plugs

Don't have a computer in the garage, I can easily get to the ones I did to torque 'em...

Just hope this fix sticks!

If not; what could suddenly be causing a #2 misfire after all these years? [Again I did replace the intake, something leaking there?]

OP
OP

08HybridOK

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Here's the original next to a new plug. Still looks good to me...

Attachments

• IMG_20140113_105425_356.jpg
    IMG_20140113_105425_356.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 84
B

bedrck46

sometimes looks are deceiving
Or it could be what you cant see
The insulator could be breaking down in an area that you can't see.
Never assume anything

Chief Friz

Reaction score
Good read, my wife's 2005 has been doing the shutter lately. Looking to replace the ignition coils this weekend. I'm hoping thats all there is...........

UPDATE: all 8 changed out, took about an hour. After job, started her up no problem, did have a noticeable knocking noise for a minute or two, but went away?? Put some gas in it and drove for a while, no shuddering, shaking, or knocking and no shuddering while stopped at a red light.

It'll probably blow up when my wife drives it later today!

Last edited:

EddieH

Reaction score
Stay away from Sea Foam in the tank, breaks down particles/sediments that clog fuel filter. Slowly Pour in Brake booster vacuum line, set RPM to 2000, run 5 minutes to clean throttle body and upper air plenum. (White billowing smoke from exhaust for about 2 minutes, then it clears up)