roulette sound.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pest

Reaction score
My 2006 expedition has a roulette sound every once in awhile. It happens whenever it feels like it. Going straight, turning, does not matter. Was told when I had the oil changed that the power steering pump was "fluttering" and that was causing the pulley's to freeze and make that sound till the pump stopped "fluttering" and the pulley's released. Has any one had that happen? I've already replaced the idler pulley. This is my 2nd expedition. Never had this happen with my '01. My '01 may be a dinosaur to some, but my '06 has had so many repairs already that it's past lemon an now is the whole lemon tree.:shrug:

tonydiv

technical advisor
Reaction score
If the power steering pump was locking up, you would definitely feel a lack of assist when you turned the wheel. It would feel 'notchey'.

Most likely, you have an IWE (integrated wheel end) going bad. When those go bad they engage the front wheel(s).

OP
OP
P

pest

Reaction score
Would the IWE cause it to feel like it is vibrating also? That started today. When I get the roulette sound it vibrates as if its wanting to stall. When I press on the accelerator pedal it smooths out an runs fine til it wants to have another fit.

OP
OP
P

pest

Reaction score
A computer scan said it was a intake cam shaft timing over retarded , bank 2? Have no clue an have no Idea on where or how to check it.

Last edited: