Rust Repair Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WiscoGus

Reaction score
So my poor 2008 Expy has rockers that are bubbling and one you could stick your hand through. Aside from slip on rockers, has anyone ever had theirs cut out and replaced? If so, what was the rough cost for the job? I dont plan on body matching the paint since they arent seen; I would just coat them in bedliner or Por 15.

Also, is it just the one rocker or are there inner and outers?

Thanks!

JExpedition07

That One Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are both inner and outers, the outer panel is within the door frame down to the tangs where it welds on the inner panel under the truck, you’d see that behind the running boards where they connect. Depends on the condition of both.

Last edited:

ExpeditionAndy

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a body shop here in town quote by $2,000 per side on my old 05, to do the complete cut out the rocker and part of the floor pan and the lower part of the door support between the front and rear doors. Essentially using the factory part. I decided not to do it and traded it in instead.