Safety Recall Notice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaiderNations

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I just reiceved this recall notice on my 2007 Ford Expedition. I will copy the recall for you guys to read.

Ford Motor Company has decided that a defect wich relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain 2007 and 2008 model year Expedition and Navigator vehicles.

We apologize for this situation and want to assure you that, with your assistance, we will correct this condition. Our commitment, together with your dealer, is to provide you with the highest level of service and support.

What is the issue? The springs holding each interior side door handle in place on your vehicle may lose tension, resulting in the handles not fully returning to the closed position. In the event of a side impact crash, a side door handle may unlatch and potentially allow the door to open, increasing the risk of injury to an occupant. The rear liftgate handle is not affected by this recall.

What will Ford and your dealer do? Ford Motor Company has authorized your dealer to replace the springs on all four interior door handles on your vehicle, free of charge (parts and labor).

How long will it take? The time needed for this repair is less than one half day. However, due to service scheduling requirements, your dealer may need your vehicle for a longer period of time.

What are we asking you to do? Please call your dealer without delay and request a service date for Recall 08S03. Provide the dealer with the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) of your vehicle.

Well guys and gals looks like the recalls have just started on our new 07 and 08 rides. Im going to get my Expy in ASAP. I have children that sit in the 2nd row almost every day. I urge you guys and gals to do the same. I sure some of you are going to get the same recall notice. Oh well, that life....:D