Got the Official Notice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NorthGeorgia

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have received the Notice from FORD that the 'new' parts for the recalled blower unit is now available. My 2017 has 94,000+ miles on it and I have had NO problems with the blower. So, I will wait a couple or so months before calling the dealer to get an appointment to have it replaced.

unless some of y'all say that ain't smart??

GaryH

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Factory recalls don't expire. If it is not a safety concern, I would wait until it goes out. If it is a fire hazard or something, that ain't smart. :)

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I have received the Notice from FORD that the 'new' parts for the recalled blower unit is now available. My 2017 has 94,000+ miles on it and I have had NO problems with the blower. So, I will wait a couple or so months before calling the dealer to get an appointment to have it replaced.

unless some of y'all say that ain't smart??

I also received the updated letter, which was the second letter I had received since the recall was issued.

I called my Ford dealer the same day to make an appointment to have the part replaced. I was told that the new blower motor is on national backorder until August 28, 2023: https://www.expeditionforum.com/thr...er-motor-replacement.51620/page-2#post-495354

August 26 will be the one-year anniversary of the Ford safety recall for this part.

Whether you want to wait or not, Ford will ensure that you have to wait some more time to have the work done.

night vision

Reaction score
My blower has gone out countless times and I keep having to jiggle the wiring harness. They did deem it a fire hazard as it can set the interior on fire (says so in the recall letter)...so sooner than later would be my advice.

Calman2k

Reaction score
Hey all, I have replaced the wire harness twice on my 2016 before being notified of the recall. When something goes out it looks like its the pigtail. The wires get hot and oxidize, ruining the connection, jiggling them helps reestablish the connection until the oxide layer builds up again. I have the burned, oxidized, wires on the old pigtail to prove it. I just replaced it again a couple weeks ago with this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07XDRGSV6?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details.

Utah Driver

Reaction score
I have a 2016. I had the first recall done because it specified "fire" in the recall. I never had and problems with the factory blower though. About a week ago the new blower motor started vibrating badly. Then, as if by magic, the second recall came out. I have it scheduled to be fixed in a week or so. I might have them look as harness also since other people are talking about it.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waleedalmadani