SCT Tuner review

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
joethefordguy

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
my expy is my DD; I will eventually build and tow an offroad trailer, and I'm prepping it for offroad as a SHTF bugout vehicle.
I would not recommend the tuner I got unless and until you're ready to make some significant improvements to the engine, such as headers, intake, heads, etc. Until then, if i do any of that, I just paid over six hundred dollars for some interesting, if less than useful, gauges and a replacement for the factory tune that makes it even more of a gas hog than it already is.
It might have been more beneficial on an OEM engine; the police package might already be tuned up by Ford so any difference might not be as obvious as it could be.

OP
OP
joethefordguy

joethefordguy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"2004 EB 5.4L | Rancho Quicklift Struts & Supreme Suspension 2" F/R Lift Kit Before/After"

how do you like the Rancho lift? how was it to install?

OverlandExpy

Full Access Members
Reaction score
"2004 EB 5.4L | Rancho Quicklift Struts & Supreme Suspension 2" F/R Lift Kit Before/After"

how do you like the Rancho lift? how was it to install?
Awesome, thanks for the info man appreciate it! Would be super cool to have those gauges and was the main reason I was even considering, but after spending a few grand on wheels, tires, suspension, and the increased price of metal for my rock sliders/bumpers I want to make I think I'll save my money instead lol.

Absolutely loving the ranchos so far. After that issue with the subpar welds I fixed, I haven't had any issues. The adjustable dampening is great, I can keep it stiff on the road so it doesn't roll so much in the corners since I had to remove both the front and rear sway bars, and then go to its softest setting for offroading. Still haven't taken it on the trails yet, tires should get here today or tomorrow! Would have been a breeze to install them had I not put the 2 inch lifts on top of em. Definitely would recommend a buddy who knows what they are doing to help you out with a prybar to fit the lower strut mount bolts back in. Front and rears are both at pretty much max height now without having to make some custom control arms and extend brake lines and whatnot.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dcleghorn01