Seat Risers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Regal

Reaction score
Need to get 4 seat risers/bolts for Front Driver seat. The power lift is not enough for a short person. Any recommendations for riser bolts that would fit underneath the seat frame to raise it up a few inches? Found this diagram at FordParts.com. The bolts would need to be mounted underneath the 4 holes that hold the frame.

Attachments

• Ford Expedition Driver Seat.png
    Ford Expedition Driver Seat.png
    222.6 KB · Views: 17

Dahammer

Reaction score
A machine shop can make four riser bolts out of stainless steel.

What you have to figure out is "how high you want."

Once it's made you can have your mechanic install them.

Many moons ago, in college for automotive technology, one of the courses I had taken was machine shop. One of the requirements was we had to design and implement something. I had something similar to a problem like yours. I swapped out the bench seat for a buckets seat back in 1968.

I made riser bolts with two threaded ends and a 2" solid portion in the middle. I kept a model without threads and still have it.

Rob6805

Full Access Members
Reaction score
How short are we talking? < 4'? There are companies who have the proper licensing to modify vehicles for special needs individuals. I'd be worried that in the event of an accident if those homemade risers failed you'd be liable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifanydire