Seat Stitching Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know there was a thread about seats in April, but this is a little different. The other day when I was vacuuming my 2022, I noticed that the stitching was coming apart on the base of the front passenger seat. It almost looked like it either wasn’t stitched or it was glued or I have no idea. But it’s just coming apart. It’s at the dealership now and they said they will order a new seat, but that seems crazy on a vehicle we haven’t even had a year. Anyone else seeing this? This is now our third warranty repair in under a year. They’ve been relatively minor (leaky differential, rear AC vent wouldn’t stay open, now this) but it’s a pain and doesn’t give you a lot of confidence.

Attachments

• IMG_7563.jpeg
    IMG_7563.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 32

99WhiteC5Coupe

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I know there was a thread about seats in April, but this is a little different. The other day when I was vacuuming my 2022, I noticed that the stitching was coming apart on the base of the front passenger seat. It almost looked like it either wasn’t stitched or it was glued or I have no idea. But it’s just coming apart. It’s at the dealership now and they said they will order a new seat, but that seems crazy on a vehicle we haven’t even had a year. Anyone else seeing this? This is now our third warranty repair in under a year. They’ve been relatively minor (leaky differential, rear AC vent wouldn’t stay open, now this) but it’s a pain and doesn’t give you a lot of confidence.

I ordered a new 2015 Ford Expedition Limited 4x4. Upon delivery, there were several obvious defects - including the LF seat cushion bottom with unraveling stitching.

The dealership ordered and replaced the seat cushion cover (not a new seat).

The replacement cover began to unravel in the same spot and was replaced a second time by the same dealer under my new car warranty.

I realize you have a 4th generation model, but I think poor quality interior materials is normal for Ford Expedition models.

smstroben

Reaction score
We had an issue with the stitching coming undone on the front passenger seat of our 2022 303A. I noticed a small loose thread when we picked it up but didnt think much of it until 4 months later when it started coming unsewn. We had issues with our dealer getting the replacement ordered, so still waiting, but its being covered under warranty.

OP
OP
BSarchet

BSarchet

Full Access Members
Reaction score
I’m assuming that because it’s warranty, Ford is replacing the part vs being liable for some third party repair.