Dealer Scam? - Third Row Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zerokoo149

Reaction score
We've been having issues with our third row not always going down since we've owned the car.

We bought our Expedition last November with a 1 year CPO warranty. In that time, it was at the dealer 3 times for the back seat not going down, they would "flash and calibrate" the computer and it would work again temporarily. Last time we brought it in, it was just a week before the warranty ran out, and they did the same thing, but promised that this would fix it permanently this time.

Of course about 10 days later the seat stopped working again. Now the dealer is saying that the seat frame went bad suddenly and they want us to pay $2K to replace it.

It feels an awful lot like they were just trying to wind out the warranty so they didn't have to fix it, and now are sticking us with the bill. Also, the seat frame seems to me as an unlikely culprit, I would have figured something like a bad motor.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?

Deadman

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Its the seat belt latch gets caught. Its very common. I have to push mine forward as the seats folding, otherwise it won't go down. Try it, just don't pinch your fingers.

TheDoug

Full Access Members
Reaction score
That sounds sooooooo fishy. Like JJ said, go to the GM and let them know exactly what happened and your displeasure in the nicest way possible. I feel like the dealership is completely in the wrong.

Then if that person is an A-hole, rain down hellfire hahahahaha (mostly kidding)

Danm355

Reaction score
We've been having issues with our third row not always going down since we've owned the car.

We bought our Expedition last November with a 1 year CPO warranty. In that time, it was at the dealer 3 times for the back seat not going down, they would "flash and calibrate" the computer and it would work again temporarily. Last time we brought it in, it was just a week before the warranty ran out, and they did the same thing, but promised that this would fix it permanently this time.

Of course about 10 days later the seat stopped working again. Now the dealer is saying that the seat frame went bad suddenly and they want us to pay $2K to replace it.

It feels an awful lot like they were just trying to wind out the warranty so they didn't have to fix it, and now are sticking us with the bill. Also, the seat frame seems to me as an unlikely culprit, I would have figured something like a bad motor.

Has anyone else experienced something similar?
It doesn't cost the dealer anything to fix something under the warranty. They make money doing that. They probably could have called their dealer rep and got the okay to fix it. You can probably call ford and try to get it covered since you were having problems before the warranty expired.

SunnySunshine

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Do you have lemon law protections in your state? If you got it fixed for the same issue that many times, they'd have to buy it back.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
M Bennett