Security settings are not saved after they are changed. Dog sets off motion alarm.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davolson

Reaction score
My dog alone in the back seat triggers the alarms when we leave it. I go in to settings and turn OFF motion detection, leave the truck and all is fine. However the next time I start the truck the settings have all returned to "on" which I presume is default. Why aren't these changes saved and permanent? Why have them if you have to go through the entire menu process to disable them every time you turn off the vehicle?? (Yes the weather is very cold outside).

apex96

Full Access Members
Reaction score
Answer is really simple... most people don't leave live moving animals in their vehicles and then lock it. It also ensures that the added layer of theft prevention is always on, unless commanded to be off. Ford was smart enough to make sure it prompts us as soon as we turn off the vehicle. I'd hate to have to dig into the settings once I'm parked and before I turned the vehicle off, every time I wanted to disable motion sense.